We are innofy – intellectual property for innovators, by innovators. Our clients and partners trust us to protect their innovations. We respect this trust by always acting with integrity, and by constantly striving to be the very best at what we do. Excellence is not a destination, it is a journey of continuous improvement – are you ready to join us on the road?
We offer a comprehensive range of IP services
How we work
Most patent and trade mark attorneys won’t tell you this, but our relationship with clients is a classic example of information asymmetry. This asymmetry means that it is very difficult for clients to evaluate the quality of an attorney before, during, and even after work has been completed. The asymmetry is amplified by the fact that patents and trade marks are often not tested for years after they were originally lodged. This is a business risk that innovators need to understand, and mitigate. At innofy our role is to educate as much as it is to execute instructions from clients. We genuinely want you to succeed, and by empowering you to make informed IP decisions, and to evaluate the quality of our advice and deliverables – we all end up in a better spot.
Our refreshingly honest approach is backed by innovative systems, modern business processes, and evidence based management practices. However, that is not the end of the story – we believe in continuous improvement – relentlessly evaluating and tweaking our practice in order to evolve in lockstep with our clients changing needs. Our values are not an organisational afterthought, relegated to a dusty corner of our website. Rather, our values and ethos drive our business, because we understand that to be successful we need to innovate. In short, we are a disruptive modern IP consultancy – designed from the ground up to engage with innovators in a language they understand, and to deliver a value proposition that the market sorely needs.
Our people make us who we are
What people are saying
- I have had the pleasure of working with Andrew for several years, and have been very impressed by his technical expertise. He has a clear passion for immunology and biomedical science, and is able to quickly understand complex technologies and identify the commercial opportunity. I can attest to the value that Andrew will bring to your business.Dr J Vivian, Group LeaderFaculty of Medicine, Nursing & Health Science, Monash University
- Katherine's Oxford University doctorate at the Life Sciences Interface Doctoral Training Centre has provided her an exceptional technical foundation in not just engineering, but a breadth of cross-disciplinary fields including medical imaging and medical devices. Having worked with her over a number of years, I can attest to her keen intellect and technical expertise.Dr James Osborne, LecturerSchool of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Melbourne
- Innofy drafted my patent application, after clearly guiding me through the process. Not only did Innofy’s team take the time to fully understand the invention – but they also helped me derive an effective strategy to actually commercialise my product. The high level of technical expertise demonstrated by the patent attorneys at Innofy is obvious from the value they added to my patent specification. They thought about everything, and appear to understand the technical aspects of my product even better than I do! I would recommend Innofy to anyone looking for a top-tier service from a company that really cares about highlighting your technology.Steven ParkerDesign Integration Manager, Integra Systems
- Due to Andrew's exceptional skills in facilitating the ongoing protection of the Intellectual Property vested in my company, Clockwork Coffee, I was able to seek significant investment leading to the expansion and diversification of my business.Scott Parker, OwnerClockwork Coffee
- I can discuss our technology with Andrew and be confident that he'll assimilate even the most complex of technology. He speaks the same language as our researchers and commercial executives - whilst retaining focus on the commercial opportunity that technology holds. Having worked with Andrew for a decade, I know he can help any company reach its commercial goals.Dr Francesco Rao, Chief Scientific OfficierDC Biosciences Pty Ltd, UK
- Andrew's experience in biochemistry and immunology is first rate. I had the pleasure of working alongside Andrew for a number of years and his acumen and determination to succeed ensured that our projects were a success. Together we published our research in the leading journals in our field and I have no doubt that Andrew continues to be a significant and positive asset - providing spot-on intellectual and strategic direction.Dr Daniel Pellicci, NHMRC Research FellowUniversity of Melbourne
- Katherine was able to quickly and expertly assimilate our disparate Intellectual Property components into a single, cogent strategy which aligns with our business objectives.Managing DirectorThe Solution Collective
- Innofy have provided us with exemplary trade mark services. After our initial contact, they organised a meeting to flesh out our requirements, provided valuable strategic advice, which resulted in us filing numerous trade mark applications that best encapsulated our brands. In addition, the Innofy team proactively reviewed our historical portfolio of trademarks and advised us in relation to ensuring all of our trade mark assets remain valid and up-to-date. I would certainly recommend Innofy to anyone looking to extract commercial value from their trade marks.Craig McDonaldChief Operating Officer, Deaf Services Queensland
Get in touch, we’re here to help